KBS082:Soil Microbial Gene Sequences
Gene sequences extracted from soils.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2004-12-08 to 2010-07-02
- Repository Link https://doi.org/10.6073/pasta/584815caee76519da84f47c34185236f
- KBS082-001 Nitrite Reductase (nirK) Gene Sequences
- Gene sequences of the gene encoding nitrite reductase (nirK) were determined in soil samples taken from the Main Cropping System Experiment.
- KBS082-002 Nitrite Reductase (nirK) Gene Sequences
- Gene sequences of the gene encoding nitrite reductase (nirK) extracted from soils of the Biodiversity Gradient Experiment at the LTER Main Site.
- KBS082-003 Methanotroph pmoA Gene Sequences
- Methanotroph pmoA gene sequences extracted from soils of the Main Cropping System Experiment. The number of pmoA (particulate methane monooxygenase subunit A) Operational Taxonomic Units (OTUs) is used to measure the diversity of methanotrophs in a given site. The number of pmoA OTUs was determined by creating clone libraries for pmoA, clustering the sequences at 94% similarity for an OTU and counting the number of OTUs for each site. The number of pmoA OTUs indicates the diversity of methanotrophs at a given site. Sequencing was done through MSU GTSF (Genomics Technology Support facility).