KBS093:GLBRC Deep Core Soil Surveys
The GLBRC periodically (presently every 5 years) collects and analyzes deep soil cores for the GLBR Intensive Sites and the GLBRC Scale-up sites. Soil is sampled to a depth of one meter, and analyzed at various depths for bulk density, texture, moisture, and carbon and nitrogen content. Soil horizons are also identified.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2008-01-01 to 2017-12-07
- KBS093-002 Soil Chemistry from Deep Cores- GLBRC Intensive Site
- Deep core soil samples analyzed for pH, lime index, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, cation exchange capacity and organic matter. KBS samples are analyzed by the Michigan State University Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratory .
- KBS093-003 Total Soil Carbon and Nitrogen - Surface and Deep Cores
- Total soil carbon and nitrogen measurements at several depths from deep core samples.
- KBS093-004 Soil Total Carbon and Nitrogen by Depth - Deep Cores
- Carbon and nitrogen measurements of deep core soil samples from the GLBRC Biofuel Scale-up sites.
- KBS093_005 Soil Horizons- Deep Core samples
- Soil horizons of the GLBRC BCSE (Biofuel Cropping System Experiment) site. Soil core was collected with the deep core sampler.