KBS105:Marginal Land Experiment
Data for the Michigan GLBRC Marginal Land Experiment.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2012-01-01 to 2019-10-30
- KBS105-002 Dry Matter Yield - Marginal Land Experiment
- Agronomic yield from the Marginal Land Experiment in Michigan. Yield data is given for the 6 treatments (switchgrass, miscanthus, native grasses, early succession, restored prairie and historical vegetation) on the 3 Marginal Land Experiment sites. Yield data are given as dry matter.
- KBS105-003 Soil Chemistry from Deep and Surface Soil Cores- Marginal Sites
- Deep core soil samples and surface samples are taken occasionally for fertilizer recommendations and analyzed for pH, lime index, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, magnesium, cation exchange capacity and organic matter. KBS samples are analyzed by the Michigan State University Soil and Plant Nutrient Laboratory.
- KBS105-004 Agronomic Log - GLBRC Marginal Sites
- Records of agronomic activities carried out on the GLBRC Marginal Land sites in Michigan.
- KBS105-006 Switchgrass Varieties Planted on the GLBRC Marginal Land Experiment
- Switchgrass varieties planted on the GLBRC Marginal Land Experiment by treatment. Panicum virgatum var. Cave-in-Rock is a non-native variety and Panicum virgatum var. Southlow is a native variety. Switchgrass varieties planted on all GLBRC experiments can be found at: http://lter.kbs.msu.edu/datatables/494
- KBS105-009 MLE soil characterization (pit samples)
- Soil chemistry at sites of GLBRC marginal land experiment.