KBS119:Snow manipulation experiment, effect on soil trace gas production
This dataset contains data from Leilei Ruan’s thesis work focused the effect of winter thaws and snow cover on soil N2O fluxes.
- Status: completed
- Temporal Coverage 1950-01-01 to 2013-03-27
- Repository Link https://doi.org/10.6073/pasta/f92134fdb29edca1e592a3c8d8918368
- KBS119-001 Daily snowfall and snow depth
Snowfall and snow depth were recorded at the resource gradient in the winters of 2011 to 2013.
- KBS119-002 Winter snowfall and number of snow covered days
Historical snowfall records compiled from the Gull Lake Biological Station COOP (#203504) National Weather Observatory station:https://lter.kbs.msu.edu/datatables/31.
- KBS119-003 Winter N2O_N fluxes from the snow manipulation study
N2O_N fluxes taken with the automated chamber system deployed on non-irrigated F6 R3 of the Resource Gradient Experiment.
- KBS119-004 Water stable aggregate fractionation
- KBS119-005 Soil temperatures for the snow manipulation study
Soil temperature measurements were taken with a Hobo pendant logger at 5 cm below the soil surface. The area used for the study was rain-fed F6 R3 plot of the resource gradient study.
- KBS119-006 Cumulative winter N2O fluxes from the snow manipulation study
Cumulative winter fluxes. Derived from https://lter.kbs.msu.edu/datatables/531
- KBS119-007 Resin strip nitrogen
Resin strips were installed at the start of the winter season and retrieved at the end.