KBS026:Soil Bulk Density on the Main Cropping System Experiment.
Soil bulk density is used to convert water content by weight to water content by volume and for calculating porosity and void ratio. Bulk density has an inverse relationship with soil structure and soil porosity. Bulk density data were collected using an excavation procedure found in the sampling protocols. Bulk density data are available from the forest sites in 1995 and all sites on the LTER Central Experiment in 1996.
- Status: complete
- Temporal Coverage 1995-05-28 to 1996-05-06
- Repository Link https://doi.org/10.6073/pasta/2efa76018ad123597e9f76e199723fc7
- KBS026-001 Soil Bulk Density - Surface
- Soil bulk density of surface soils from the Main Cropping System Experiment
- KBS026-prot01 MCSE: Soil Bulk Density