KBS063:KBS GLBRC Annual Net Primary Productivity
This dataset contains the aboveground annual net primary production (ANPP) data on the KBS Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (GLBRC) intensive sites and GLBRC scale-up fields. This dataset contains the aboveground annual net primary production (ANPP) data. ANPP is measured at peak biomass for a given treatment. Additional ANPP measurements are made where appropriate such as occasional destructive harvests for poplar. See the ANPP protocols for descriptions of the sampling and measurement methods for each of the treatments. Below ground net primary production (BNPP) are available for these same sites.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2008-01-01 to 2019-01-01
- KBS063-001 Biomass of the GLBRC Scale-up Fields
- Annual biomass of the KBS GLBRC scale-up fields at Marshall Farms and Lux Arbor Reserve. Biomass of non-crop (weeds) species are also included. Treatments were first applied in 2010; all fields were planted with soy in 2009. These data are collected with quadrats.
- KBS063-002 Above Ground Biomass - Annual Crops
- Biomass of all the four annual biofuel crop treatments on the GLBRC Intensive Site plots. Additional campaigns (samplings with different timing or purpose) also take place in some years and treatments and the data are included in this datatable.
- KBS063-003 Above Ground Biomass of Herbaceous Perennial Crops; treatments 5,6,7,9,10
- Biomass of the five herbaceous biofuel crop treatments on the GLBRC Intensive Site: switchgrass, miscanthus, grass mix, old field and prairie. Additional campaigns (samplings with different timing or purpose) are also included in this datatable.
- KBS063-006 Poplar - Litter Trap Biomass
- Biomass of leaf litter collected from litter traps in poplar plots on the GLBRC Intensive site.
- KBS063-007 Poplar - Understory Biomass
- Understory biomass sampled on the poplar treatments (G8) in the Biofuel Cropping System Experiment (BCSE) including cover crop and weed biomass. Cover crops were only sampled in 2008 and 2009. KBS poplar weed biomass was sampled in 2008-2009 and 2012-2013; sampling was discontinued in 2014.
- kbs063-008 Leaf Area Index (LAI)
- Leaf Area Index data from the KBS GLBRC Intenisve Site.
- KBS063-009 Poplar - Stem Diameter and Destructive Biomass
- Stem diameter measurements and destructive biomass sampling of poplar at the GLBRC Intensive site.
- KBS063-010 Poplar Stand Counts
- To document the survival rate of the poplar plantation, a periodic census was taken to determine the number of trees that remained alive. Tree damage was recorded.
- KBS063-011 Switchgrass Stand Counts
- Vogel and Masters 2001 method was used to determine switchgrass establishment success and survivorship. Kenneth P. Vogel and Robert A. Masters, Frequency Grid: A Simple Tool for Measuring Grassland Establishment, Journal of Range Management, Vol. 54, No. 6 (Nov., 2001), pp. 653-655
- KBS063-12 Plant Population (Stem Counts)
- Annual crop stem counts, also referred to as plant population, are measured by counting the number of plants in a quadrat.
- KBS063-13 Plant Population (Stem Counts) at GLBRC Scale-up Experiment
- Corn stem counts, also referred to as plant population, are measured by counting the number of plants in a quadrat.
- KBS058-prot06 LAI 2000 Plant Canopy Analyzer