KBS013:Trace Gas Fluxes on the Main Cropping System Experiment
Trace gases (nitrous oxide, methane, and carbon dioxide) have been measured on the LTER Main Site since 1991 and on Successional and Forest sites since 1993. Trace gas fluxes are measured twice monthly or monthly until the ground freezes using permanently-installed, in-situ static chambers. CH4 and N2O are analyzed with gas-chromatography and CO2 with an infrared gas analyzer. Soil moisture and temperature are measured during sampling.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 1991-06-12 to 2021-04-13
- Repository Link https://doi.org/10.6073/pasta/b1feb30692eb31b7f8a27615d18e0fa8
- KBS013-001 N2O, CH4, CO2 Fluxes via Static Chambers
- Atmospheric trace gas (N2O, CH4, and CO2) fluxes on the Main Cropping System Experiment using the static chamber method.
- KBS013-003 Soil Moisture - with Trace Gas Sampling
- Soil moisture measurements taken at the time of trace gas sampling on the Main Cropping System Experiment.
- KBS013-004 Soil Temperature - with Trace Gas Sampling
- Soil temperature measured at the time of trace gas sampling on the Main Cropping System Experiment.
- KBS013-005 Trace gas on the forested sites
- IN DEVELOPMENT. Treatment, Replicate and Fertilizer designations are not consistent across years.