KBS020:Agronomic Yields in Row Crop Agriculture
This data set contains information about agronomic yields for the Main Cropping System Experiment which include treatments 1-4 (corn – wheat – soybean rotations) and after 1994 treatment 6 (alfalfa). Agronomic yields are measured during normal crop harvest; yields are determined by machine harvesters appropriate to each crop as described in the Agronomic protocol.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 1989-07-17 to 2018-10-18
- KBS020-001 Agronomic Yields - Annual Crops
- Annual crop harvest data for corn, soy and wheat from the Main Cropping System Experiment at the LTER Main Site as collected with commercial sized equipment. Prior to 2017 the yield was reported from the east half of the plot. In 2017 the protocol was changed to report the yield for the whole plot.
- KBS020-003 Agronomic Yields - Alfalfa
- Yields from the alfalfa (treatment 6) harvests of the Main Cropping System Experiment at the LTER Main Site.
- KBS020-004 Agronomic Yields - Weed and Fertilizer Microplots
- Annual crop harvest data of corn, soy and wheat in Weed and Fertilized Microplots in Treatments 3 and 4 of the Main Cropping System Experiment at the LTER Main Site. Microplots were established to determine the effect of normal weed control and fertilization practices and the response to removing weed and nutrient limitations from the plots.
- KBS020-005 Agronomic Yields -- Wheat Straw
- Wheat straw is harvested and baled and weighed in the years when wheat is grown on the site. The whole plot is baled as one instead of being split into east and west sections as is done for the grain harvest.
- KBS020-prot01 MCSE: Harvestable Biomass