KBS044:Soil Carbon and Nitrogen Deep Core Surveys
An LTER project goal is to periodically collect and analyze deep soil cores for the main site treatments and successional and forest sites. Soil is sampled to a depth of one meter, and analyzed for horizon depths, texture, moisture, and carbon and nitrogen content.
- Status: active
- Temporal Coverage 2001-01-01 to 2013-01-01
- Repository Link https://doi.org/10.6073/pasta/8c9f759d32699902d88c7b5d607fb2f7
- KBS044-001 Soil Total Carbon and Nitrogen by Depth - Deep Cores
- Total carbon and nitrogen determinations of deep core soil samples from the LTER Main Site and Successional and Forested sites organized by treatment, replicate and core depth (surface, middle, deep) sections.
- KBS044-002 Soil Bulk Density by Depth - Deep Cores
- Soil bulk density of deep core soil samples collected from the LTER Main Site and Successional and Forest sites, organized by treatment, replicate and depth. Bulk densities are calculated by obtaining the volume from the diameter of the core and the length of the horizon.
- KBS044-prot01 Soil Bulk Density - Deep Cores